Oh I know, I feed myself with ONLY meat but still… I do recognize when a recipe is wort mentioning and is a part of my recipes index.
So here is my wonderful banana bread, my own invention, my passion and my comfort food for my loved ones only!!
This recipe is a keeper : finally I am breaking my rules and publishing it. 3 bananas… yap… a big 3! and mixed with animal fat, so this bread never tastes the same every single time I make it, because the animal fat collected over the many years still change depending of the meat cooked and the fat kept in a jar in the fridge.
Just the right amount of sugar also and ‘simplicity at its best’. For the icing, well, I use my old friend : ‘Cream cheese frosting’ from the store in those little plastic red containers. They keep forever in the fridge and on top of it, some prefer more icing than others so the jar is there, with a spoon, at each serving. A wonderful bread the day after, for breakfast also. Variation done with sourdough in red
- 3 very ripped Bananas, mashed
- 1/2 c. milk (1 tsp. vinegar in milk), important step to do (1 cup of motherdough)
- 1/2 c. animal fat (left over fat from bacon, from beef, etc…)
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 2 x Large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder (don’t use any)
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda (don’t use any)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Direction for making the banana bread with Motherdough
- Mix half of the flour with motherdough and let it rest for 2 hours, it might not bubble but will rise a bit.
- Proceed to mix the rest of the ingredients and bake